Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Things You Hear That Aren't In MP3 Format

Yonge & Eglinton is the nexus of the universe. Anything interesting that's happened to me during my commute to or from work has happened around this stop. It is a magnet that draws to it the best and brightest that Toronto has to offer.

Today I overheard two young ladies having the following exchange:

Brain: I need some caffeene! I need Starbucks and like stat.
Pinky: Stat! haha! What does that mean, anyway?
Brain: You know, it's what they say.
Pinky: YA! Stat! But what's the other word for that? umm...
Brain: Pronto! I need Starbucks pronto, mister!
Pinky: HAHA! Ya!
Brain: Or even ASAP!
Pinky: A-S-A-P
Brain: Ya!
Pinky: What does that stand for, anyway?
Brain: As Soon As Possible.
Pinky: Oh ya!

And they got off at their stop (Eglinton).

Yes, I would hit that.

No comments: