Saturday, February 11, 2006

It's Not Stopping Me From Posting So...

Saturday night, after 11, and I'm gazing at my navel. It's linty. Blogger still refuses to stop me from posting, so I am doing a little pre-bed mental wanking.

Last night I went to Niagara Falls with T-Bone, a quasi religious lady friend of his, and some other dude from out of town who wanted to do unblogably dirty things to her. Anyway, as is usually the case when I'm around religious people, I got into debates with her about the hypocrisy of religiosity. Damn that was wordiostically delicious! I've managed to distill my problems with religious people down into two things that bug me:

Firstly, most of their activities and observances take place not out of an internal desire to perform those acts, but an external system of judgment where everything originates from a form of fear. Ask Yoda where fear leads! That green dude knows his shit.

Secondly, all of these activities and observances are in worship of something that (even if he/she/it exists) may not necessarily want to be worshipped. My puny mind can only wrap around the concept of God as a parallel for parental (pro)creation. When I create life, I won't want that life to be wasted in idle worship of my existence, but in the pursuit of further creation and the manifestation of goodness. I still have little debates in my head where I ask "Why would someone waste their lives in worship, rather than in production?" and then I answer, "That's love", but then I turn back to myself and say, "But even the beloved don't want to be worshipped, it's intolerable to be around."

So you see, I sort of get the second one, but I'm still not convinced about worshipping a deity instead of a particular beautiful girl. People have committed horrific crimes in the name of both.

No comments: