Monday, February 20, 2006

Blunch

Today I went to a Thai restaurant for lunch. The place was empty except for me. Talk about a table for one! They were playing some soothing lady jazz. I only recognized two songs: Almost Like Being in Love, and I Love You For Sentimental Reasons. This is probably why the place was empty at the peak of the lunch hour. Anyway I ordered a combo #7 (for those ignoramii among you, that'’s a spring roll, soup, and pad thai) for $7.95. The soup & roll came pretty quickly. The hot & sour soup smelled like sweaty socks, and the spring roll was about as bland as any I'’d ever had. Why don'’t they know that taro and shiitake make the roll?!? Instead it just had some cabbage and carrot and nothing else. The pad thai itself was very generous and filling. It only had the slightest hint of spaghetti sauce flavour. There is, unfortunately, a lot more going on than what I had for lunch. But it's so much easier to sum up pad thai than try to get into the other shit. May we live in less interesting times.

No comments: