Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Girl Of My Dream

Last night in my dream I met someone. It was strange. There are certain things I remember very clearly so I feel like writing them up. The girl was introduced through a faceless friend, and she was a cute dirty blonde. This is where things go off the rails. She had the Starbucks logo on her forehead, and a green/black button somewhere else on her person. After talking for a while and getting the "I want to brew you" vibe from her, I literally pushed her button as a show of affection. I'm not sure if this spinning metal apparatus came out of the top of her head, or the top of her head might have opened up to reveal it, but I was totally dumbfounded 'cause I had no idea what its purpose or meaning was. This morning as I was driving to work I realized the spinning metal thing was the blade of a coffee grinder! So it all fit perfectly in its own self-contained nonsense. I think the dream originates from a Starbucks barista I thought was somewhat cute when I went there a few days ago. It's odd that the stuff you think about super-briefly and then forget ends up being the contents of your dreams. I wish I could will myself to not think about Jessica Alba so she'd make an appearance too. Ah well! Here is a slightly freaky image I made to visualize what I saw in the dream... I hope she doesn't mind me adding a blender to the top of her head, but it'd be really useful in the evolutionary sense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gil forgot to take his meds.

Gillios said...

Last night I think I had another Starbucks-related dream. This time I was a server trying to bring coffee orders to big round tables full of people, one of them containing my friends. I remember going around and trying to remember what everyone wanted and trying to balance that with all the other stuff.

Not too subtle a metaphor for my waking life but... Why Starbucks? I hate that place, it's a once every 2 weeks type of thing for me yet it haunts my dreams.